Montcalm Conservation District is seeking a part-time Conservation Assistant. This position will assist in coordinating, organizing, and implementing Montcalm Conservation District programs. Duties include attending board and committee meetings, planning and organizing natural resource projects, active involvement in grant activity and monitoring of same, preparing reports and agreements, establishing partnerships, coordinating workshops, and assisting both the Conservation District and Natural Resources Conservation Service staff. Candidate must be a self-starter and able to work both independently and with others. Experience or familiarity with agriculture/natural resources and a college degree in a related field are desired. Candidate must pass a background check.
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to coordinate projects
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Customer service experience
• Grant management
• Familiarity with accounting software (QuickBooks) or willingness to learn
• Competence in MS Office programs, website design/maintenance, and mainstream social media platforms
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Excellent time management and punctuality
Additional skills preferred:
• Grant writing
• Public communication experience
• Knowledge of conservation programs, policies, and issues.
This is a part-time position; minimum of 20 hours/week, $14 - $17/hour depending on qualifications. Position requires intermittent time outside of regular office hours. Position reports to District Manager.
Deadline for application is Thursday, June 25, 2020.
Application materials (letter of interest, resume and references) may be sent to [email protected]